Putting on the Dawn Dance depends on volunteer assistance. We are looking to enlist volunteers for shifts of 2 hours in exchange for refunded admission. If you are interested in any of the following tasks, please do email our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com.
- Set-Up: Arrive at 3pm on Sunday to help us set up the hall and hang signs. You’ll be finished by the time the dance starts, and free to enjoy every dance!
- Front Desk: Greet dancers as they arrive, answer dancer questions and help direct fellow volunteers. See all your friends arrive!
- Shoe Police: Help us keep the Gibson-Aiken Center floor in good repair by guarding the front entrance against muddy or otherwise inappropriate outdoor shoes. Two volunteers per shift from 7 pm to 2 am. A fun job to do with a buddy, or make a new friend.
- Floor Sweepers: Help us keep the floor clean by sweeping during band changes and breaks. There are two shifts for floor sweepers: 7pm-1am and then 1-7am. Dance every dance!
- Clean-Up: One of our most important volunteer positions. Help break down the hall and clear up after a great dance! No need to miss any dances for this job. Shift starts at 7:00 am and is ideal for folks who like to carry stuff.
Volunteering for the dawn dance grants you refunded admission after your shift (please DO NOT purchase your tickets online if you are volunteering, bring cash or a check) plus a HUGE thanks from the dance community and us, the Dawn Dance Committee (also volunteers 😉 ) for helping put on such a fun event.