Putting on the Dawn Dance depends on volunteer assistance. We are looking to enlist volunteers for shifts of 2 hours in exchange for refunded admission. If you are interested in any of the following tasks, please do email our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set-Up: Arrive at 3pm on Sunday to help us set up the hall and hang signs.
- Front Desk: Greet dancers as they arrive, answer dancer questions and help direct fellow volunteers.
- Shoe Police: Help us keep the Gibson-Aiken Center floor in good repair by guarding the front entrance against muddy or otherwise inappropriate outdoor shoes. Two volunteers per shift from 7 pm to 2 am.
- Floor Sweepers: Help us keep the floor clean by sweeping during band changes and waltz breaks. There are two shifts for floor sweepers: 7pm-1am and then 1-7am.
- Clean-Up: One of our most important volunteer positions. Help break down the hall and clear up after a great dance! Shift starts at 7:30 am.
Volunteering for the dawn dance grants you refunded admission after your shift (please DO NOT purchase your tickets online if you are volunteering, bring cash or a check) plus a HUGE thanks from the dance community and us, the Dawn Dance Committee (also volunteers 😉 ) for helping put on such a fun event.